Thursday, October 23, 2014

Jackie O. might have approved


Every summer for at least the past 6 summers since Blossom Shoes and Such opened in Greenwood, SC under the classic eternal good taste of Kimberly Stephens, I have enjoyed a new pair of  Jack Rogers sandals every year.

Past pleasures for my feet with ridiculously expensive taste have included:





And this is to name only 3 of the pairs I have.  I have more Jack Rogers sandals than maybe Jack Rogers.

I love summer and I'm always on the lookout for a really great summer sandal.  Since I knew I was going to Uganda this year, I didn't buy my annual pair of Jacks and decided to wait and see what treats would be over here.  Let me tell you how glad I am that I waited.  Check these out!





These hand-sewn and hand-beaded sandals are made in Uganda.  I found them at the local crafts market in Entebbe.  The cost after bargaining, 22,000 UGX (about $9 USD).  There are all kinds of local crafts around that are stunning fashion and home decor pieces, not just the mass made masks.

Hope you like these as much as I do.  I have another pair too.  I'm saving them for special occasions - Havianas can do the everyday job.

Cheers:)

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment