Friday, November 14, 2014

In case you were wondering . . .

I'm doing well physically, mentally and spiritually.

On the physical side of things, I have lost about 45 lbsf.  This was a much needed weight loss and I hope to lose another 30 lbsf. before I come home.  Now understand this, I am not losing weight because there is no food.  Quite the contrary, I am eating very well.  Ugandan cooking is very good and they eat well.  At least this year they eat well.  The rains have been very good this rainy season and therefore the crops have done well.  I have lost so much weight because of all the activity in a day.  My primary means of transportation is "footing it" as they say here.  The second way is by motorcycle, but more on that in another post.

Mentally, I feel very peaceful and centered (whatever that really means).  Without all the distractions of TV, radio, regular and reliable Internet service, and everything else, it's easier to relax even if there is so much to do that you can't really slow down.  There is plenty of work to be done and I am somewhat disappointed that it is almost time to come home.  The people here are so wonderful and warm and friendly.

Spiritually, well that was an area that I expected to continue to lie dormant as it has for the past 25 years.  But in Uganda, religion is the culture.  People are very sincere in their faith and I have been "taken" to church about 5 times.  The last time, this past Sunday, my namesake was baptized.  I was thrilled when her mother Christine handed little Lisa to me to hold while the pastor baptized her.  What an honor!

Do understand that now that I have a namesake, you will hear about her every movement until she reaches the terrible teens, but probably even then too.

Cheers:)

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment